Director of Integrated and Collaborative Research
The Mark Foundation for Cancer Research is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on funding groundbreaking scientific research that integrates novel ideas in biology with innovative technology solutions to deliver breakthroughs to patients. Based in New York City, the Foundation is seeking a full-time Director of Integrated and Collaborative Research. As a passionate team player, you will help us build portfolio of innovative cancer research that will accelerate new discoveries into future cures.
The Mark Foundation for Cancer Research is currently seeking a Director of Integrated and Collaborative Research to lead operations and logistics for large critical initiatives that will transform cancer research. This individual will collaborate with management and the scientific team to develop a diverse grant and philanthropic investment portfolio in the field of oncology research and treatment. The incumbent will be responsible for establishing strategic and operational best practices for engagement, diligence, prioritization, and project execution. These activities will include serving as a business liaison to institutional development and technology transfer offices in the search and evaluation of domestic and international partnership, funding and investment opportunities with the highest potential to have a positive impact on outcomes for patients and their families.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the ideal candidate will have:
- Greater than 5 years of laboratory research experience (in vitro, in vivo, and/or bioinformatics) with demonstrated scientific knowledge in oncology, immunology, molecular biology, and/or biochemistry
- Experience in pharma and/or a biotechnology setting
- Experience managing large, complex multi-institutional projects in either an academic or industry setting, with international experience preferred
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to small and large audiences
- Manage large multi-institutional and/or Mark Foundation Cancer Research Center programs
- Identify shared opportunities among members of scientific network, institutional licensing offices, biotechnology, and venture capital firms to start new philanthropic ventures or institutional research funding opportunities
- Support the management and execution of The Mark Foundation for Cancer Research scientific portfolio.
- Provide strategic portfolio recommendations to the CEO, Scientific Advisory Committee, and Board of Directors
- Co-develop detailed reporting packages to be used by the Scientific Advisory Committee, the Board of Directors, and social media applications.
- Execute special projects as needed
- Travel as needed to meet with grantees and/or foundation partners
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in the life sciences, PhD level a plus
- MBA highly desired
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy
The Mark Foundation for Cancer Research is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and comprehensive workforce based on merit and experience. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion or similar philosophical beliefs, disability, marital and civil union status, age, genetic information, veteran status or any personal attribute or characteristic that is protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
10 E. 53rd St., New York, NY 10022
Send cover letter and resume to careers [at] themarkfoundation.org