Scientific Program Associate
The Mark Foundation for Cancer Research is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on funding groundbreaking scientific research that integrates novel ideas in biology with innovative technology solutions to deliver breakthroughs to patients. Based in New York City, the Foundation is seeking a full-time Scientific Program Associate. As a passionate team player, you will help us build portfolio of innovative cancer research that will accelerate new discoveries into future cures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BA/BS in the life sciences
- 1-3 years of laboratory research experience preferred (in vitro, in vivo, and/or bioinformatics) with demonstrated scientific knowledge in oncology, molecular biology, and/or biochemistry
- Experience in non-profit, pharma, and/or a biotechnology setting preferred
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to small and large audiences
- Under direction of scientific and operations leadership, execute on the Foundation’s mission, vision and strategic plan to identify, fund, and accelerate innovative early and translational cancer research
- Facilitate due diligence of groundbreaking research through partnership with scientific program managers and scientific advisers
- Lead efforts to identify and follow through on networking opportunities with potential grantees, non-academic institutions (including biotech and start-up endeavors), investment organizations, and other non-profit foundations
- Support the organization, scheduling, and execution of Mark Foundation events and marketing activities
- Prepare materials for social media platforms, conventions, and meetings with partner organizations
- Execute special projects as needed
- Travel as needed to meet with grantees and/or foundation partners
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in the life sciences
- Courses in business administration and/or communications preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy
The Mark Foundation for Cancer Research is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and comprehensive workforce based on merit and experience. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion or similar philosophical beliefs, disability, marital and civil union status, age, genetic information, veteran status or any personal attribute or characteristic that is protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
10 E. 53rd St., New York, NY 10022
Send cover letter and resume to careers [at] themarkfoundation.org