- Full applications will be accepted by invitation only after review of Letters of Intent submitted during the 2019 submission period.
- Applications must be submitted through The Mark Foundation’s online portal. No paper submissions will be accepted.
- Applications are due July 12, 2019 by 5 PM Eastern Time.
- Please note: applicants must be available to travel to New York City for final-round in-person interviews on Friday, October 18, 2019.
The following sections are to be provided in the grant application:
- Project description (≤ 2500 words [approximately five pages], excluding abstract, figures and literature cited)
o Project title
o Project summary/abstract (≤ 350 words)
o Statement of unmet need-Proposals should include a statement of impact describing how the proposed work addresses an important unmet need and advances knowledge in the field of cancer research. This statement should also include commentary on the impact of The Mark Foundation’s funding in propelling research that would otherwise not be pursued or pursued on very prolonged timelines.
o Relevant background and preliminary data, relevant hypotheses
o Specific aims
o Experimental plan with potential pitfalls and alternative approaches.
o Literature cited (in Nature format)
- Budget Justification
- Facilities and other resources
- Letters of support from key collaborators (optional)
- Status of institutional approvals for any research involving human subjects, animals, and/or hazardous materials