Last Updated: October 31, 2017
We may update this Policy at any time. Any changes to the Policy will become effective upon the date of our posting of the revised Policy on the Site. If you visit the Site following the effective date of the revised Policy, you will be deemed to have accepted the Policy’s updated terms.
- What Types of Information Does The Mark Foundation Collect?The information we collect through the Site includes “Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII”), which is information that identifies you as an individual, such as your first and last name, email address, and organizational affiliation, if any. We collect this information when you voluntarily provide it, such as when you sign up to receive updates about us and information of interest to you.The Site also automatically collects information about you that is generally not PII (“Non-PII”) but relates to your use of the Site. Non-PII is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity. Non-PII is “passively” collected from you through browser navigational tools, such as cookies, that can recognize your visits by identification of the computer or device that you are using to access the Site. Although we do not ourselves set cookies, we use Google Analytics to help us track usage of the Site. Google Analytics may not respond to a “Do Not Track” browser signal. You can learn more about how Google Analytics uses data when you visit our Site at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
- How Does The Mark Foundation Use the Information It Collects?
- PII. We may use the PII that we collect about you for any or all of the following purposes:
- Responding to Requests. To respond to your requests, such as to answer your questions sent through the “Contact Us” form on the Site.
- Providing Information. To provide you with newsletters or other information regarding our resources or services that may be of interest to you.
- Our Own Business Purposes. We use PII about you for our own business purposes, such as to help us improve the Site, including by requesting feedback from you, and for related internal purposes such as data analysis and internal audits.
- Other Information. Through Google Analytics, we use non-PII to help us improve the Site, such as by analyzing Site visitor trends, including usage of certain pages or functions on the Site. We may also use non-PII for other purposes, but if any such use involved combining the non-PII with any data so that it became identifiable to you or another person, we would then treat it as PII in accordance with this Policy.
- With Whom Does The Mark Foundation Share PII Collected Through the Site?
- Operational Partners and Third Party Service Providers. We share PII with unaffiliated third parties who provide us with services, such as the designer of the Site and others who assist us with technology, data analysis, or similar services. We do not share PII with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Acquirers or Assignees. In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of The Mark Foundation or its assets, we may transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to the acquiring party or assignee.
- Entities Entitled Under Law. We may disclose PII as we believe to be appropriate in the following circumstances: (i) when required by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (iv) to enforce the terms and conditions for use of the Site, including this Policy; (v) to protect and defend our rights and property; (vi) to protect the interests of The Mark Foundation or others; and (vii) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We have no obligation to notify you of such disclosures, except as required by applicable law.
- How Do We Maintain and Protect PII Collected Through the Site?
- Accuracy. If you would like us to correct, update or remove PII about you that you previously provided to us, please inform us through the “Contact Us” page on the Site.
- Security. We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please do not send us information you consider confidential via e-mail.
- Data Retention. We will retain PII about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy.
- Collection of PII by Others.
- Tracking on Our Site. We do not currently allow others to collect the PII of visitors to our Site by tracking individuals’ usage of our Site and other websites over time. As noted above, however, we use Google Analytics to collect information about Site visitors in order to provide analytics services that help us improve the Site.
- Use of the Site by Children. The Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect PII from any children under age 13. If you are under age 13, please do not submit any PII to us.
- International Transfers of Information. By using the Site, you are deemed to understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of your PII in the United States, with the awareness that the laws of the United States may not provide as much protection for PII as the laws of certain other countries or territories.